Vicotee, a deep-tech startup from Kongsberg Innovation’s investment portfolio, has appointed Leif Erik Havnen as their new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Havnen takes over for Satvir Singh Parmar, who has been Vicotee’ s CEO for nearly three years. Going forward, the new CEO will focus on continued commercial growth, international partnerships, and making Vicotee a leading European supplier of sensors for data collection within smart cities, smart buildings, and smart utilities.
After nearly three years at Vicotee, I am pleased to hand over the reins to Leif Erik. He will bring excellent strategic and leadership skills to Vicotee and help the company into its next phase. I wish Leif Erik and everyone in the team the best and I am looking forward to following Vicotee’ s exciting journey as an advisor and investorSatvir Singh Parmar
In february 2022, Kongsberg Innovaion’s deep-tech fund invested in Vicotee and since then we’ve had an active ownership in the sensor startup. Kongsberg Innovation contributes with business development, technology expertise from our industrial network and financing.
Capture new growth opportunities
Havnen, who joined Vicotee as director for sales and growth in 2021, has extensive experience within the electronics industry and a deep understanding of what it takes to build a successful business.
– I am thrilled to be appointed as the new CEO of Vicotee and I look forward to contributing to the company’s continued growth journey. Vicotee is a super company and has a technology suite with fantastic potential. During my time at the company, I have been impressed by the quality of our people and the strength of our culture, which provides a strong foundation we will build further on in the years ahead. I believe we have an exciting future in front of us as we capture growth opportunities in existing and new markets, says Leif Erik Havnen.
Taking the world beyond 4.0
Vicotee’ s mission is to deliver cost effective wireless sensor fleets making everyday life easier, more productive, and sustainable. Vicotee’ s sensor solutions helps schools, municipalities, and property owners to fetch data and crucial information, and to identify pain points with performance and cost improvements.
– We see a tremendous interest in wireless sensors from our potential customers in our focus segments, says Leif Erik Havnen.
– The government and private businesses have a great interest in building wireless LoRa infrastructure world-wide. LoRa-Gateways are now available or being planned throughout majority of the municipalities in Norway which will fuel the growth of suppliers providing sensors and the usage of sensors in the private and governmental market. Her ønsker vi å ta en posisjon.
– As a young company, our plan is to develop our expertise in our focus segments, engage with good national and international partners, and attract financial partners for scaling and growth.
– We want to be part of driving the technology and world beyond 4.0, Havnen says.