Workshop on Big Data Strategies for Agile Business June 14th, 2018, USN, campus Kongberg, Room 2229
Presents Big Data Strategies to provide Value to Business
Big Data is all about Value to business. A strategic approach to Big Data is necessary to achieve Agility in business – speed and accuracy of decision making. Big Data and associated Business Intelligence enables decision makers to visualize new products and services, respond to individual customer issues, and rapidly change their business processes in the dynamic environment of global markets.
This workshop , based on the Big Data Strategies for Agile Business (CRC Press, 2018) discusses and presents a framework that helps business organizations utilize Big Data in an effective and efficient manner. Technologies (the Hadoop eco-system and Analytics (e.g. Sentiment, Predictive, NPS) need to be incorporated strategically by businesses in order to improve decision making.
This workshop covers the ground between Big Data and Agile Business outlining the important options in formulating Big Data strategies that enhance business agility. A robust, research-based Big Data Framework for Agile Business (BDFAB 2.5 © MethodScience) forms the basis of this seminar. Dr. Unhelkar further expands on the topics from two of his latest books, Big Data Strategies for Agile Business (2018) and The Art of Agile Practice: A Composite Approach for Projects and Organizations (CRC Press, 2013).
Upon completion of this workshop participants will:
- Understand the basic concepts and techniques in Big Data Strategies for Agile Business
- Relate Big Data to Agility for business – and incorporate it in business strategies
- Create an approach to handling and analysing Big Data sourced from Social media and Mobile
- Able to understand an approach to assessing organizational capabilities and transitioning them in an iterative and incremental manner in the context of Big Data
- Outline the quality approach for Big Data
Dr Bhuvan Unhelkar (BE, MDBA, MSc, PhD; FACS; CBAP®) has extensive strategic and hands-on professional experience in the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) industry. He is an Associate Professor of IT (lead faculty) at the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee (USFSM), and is the founder and Consultant at MethodScience. His industry experience includes banking, finance, insurance, government and telecommunications where he develops and applies Industry-Specific Process Maps, Business Transformation Approaches, Capability Enhancement and Quality Strategies.
Dr. Unhelkar has authored numerous executive reports, journal articles and 20 books with internationally reputed publishers including Big Data Strategies for Agile Business (Taylor and Francis/CRC Press, USA, 2017). Recent Cutter executive reports (Boston, USA) include Psychology of Agile (two parts), Agile Business Analysis (two parts),etc.. He is also passionate about coaching senior executives, training, re-skilling and mentoring IT professionals, forming centers of excellence and creating assessment frameworks (SFIA-based) to support corporate change initiatives. Dr. Unhelkar is an engaging presenter delivering keynotes, training seminars and workshops that combine real-life examples based on his experience, with audience participation and Q&A sessions.
This workshop is particularly useful for
- Strategists and Decision makers (Business Leaders envisaging the future of their business in the Big Data dominated world) aspiring for Business Agility
- Practitioners interested in how the technologies and analytics of big data can be made to make a business agile
- Engineers with no background in Big Data
- Researchers and Academics
Registration Fee including Lunch and Coffee is 800 nkr
The workshop will run provided that there a minimum of 5 participants
For more information please contact:
Prof. Aurilla Aurelie Arntzen